POLARIS Maritime Services Ltd. was established in 1991 with office in Szczecin. Branch office has been established in Gdynia, in 2001.
Our main activities are crew management and crew agency.
As a matter of fact POLARIS was the one of the first licensed manning/crewing agencies in Poland.
- Our database consist of more than 20000 seafarers and their respective files; all computerized
- Data storage/scanning/e-mailing facility of Seafarers' documents and other information. NB. crucial, when qualifying documents are urgently required i.e for the purpose of verification/approval .
- If so required, owners/shipmanagers, or authorised officers have direct, protected access to the computerized database .
- All crew holding certificates as per STCW Convention
- All deck officers hold ARPA, GMDSS and ECDIS certificates; the majority of deck officers hold HAZMAT certificates as well. All DP operators hold IMCA / OPITO approved certificates.
All officers can communicate in English; ratings - workable English. English language skill is checked by our staff with Marlin's tests (as recommended and published by the Shipowners Association in London).
Other practical features:
- Obtaining US visa in 2 to 3 working days
- Crew transport to/from the North-Western part of Europe by our fleet of buses (POLARIS Travels)
- Relatively easy access to economical, young seagoing officer staff ( graduates of local Maritime University)